View Single Post
Old 11.15.2017, 12:06 PM   #847
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Do you mean to include a DNA link?

Anyway, don't worry. I take him seriously as an artist and I promise I will eventually listen to everything he's done.

---

I'm sort of confused by 4:44. Actually, just confused by Jay-Z, because I found the music itself to be interesting (except for the handful of pop single songs).

First, technique-wise, I don't get it. He's not even really rapping most of the time. Just reciting. If I can fucking do it, is it any good?

Second, I'm not that familiar with his life, so I have a hard time caring about a lot of the songs. I forget the song, but I was really turned off when he regretted not buying a $2 million piece of property. Poor fellow. And I didn't even really care that much that he cheated on his wife.

Anything can be made interesting, but I had a hard time finding any space in his lyrics to invest any deep interest.

But my listen was just a brief run-through, not a thorough, concentrated effort, so maybe something will click with more attention.

--

I appreciate Eminem a lot more than you do, but yeah, that song straight up sucks.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|