View Single Post
Old 02.10.2018, 12:37 PM   #119
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Nah, I was talking about the single. I went a looked back at that period before it's release and it was i you weren't keen on at all. Then Blacker The Berry came out and then you got hyped.

Feels weird to look back and red at that period. Both Kanye and Kendrick (...and Drake) were getting albums out and the anticipation was crazy for them. Except Suchfriends, bless him. I actually feel like I'll never get as hyped for new albums by anyone now. Even DAMN last year was met with "Ah, ok, cool. I'll check that out at some point". I dunno, I need to get my music mojo back.

Yeah, but the Kanye album didn’t come out until almost a year later. For me, 2015 was actually a REALLY boring year. Aside from TPAB, which took some time to grow on me, there was mostly just a shit ton of good-not-great albums, and a few top-notch ones from artists I like but don’t generally get me ultra pumped.

But I feel you. I think 2013 was an extremely epic year, then in 2014 there were several albums by solid bands that made an impact (and there was the return of Aphex Twin too!), and then in 2016 we had Kanye (finally), Bowie, Frank Ocean, and a bunch of other solid albums.

There are only a few artists that truly get me pumped anymore. I’m listening to less and less new music, but still getting a lot of joy from my favorites.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|