View Single Post
Old 04.03.2015, 09:28 AM   #6527
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Ok so the last album I actually purchased was this INCREDIBLE new album by Jefre Cantu-Ledesma, titled "A Year With 13 Moons" (Kemado/Mexican Summer)

The cover:

And let me tell you, it's something special. Beautifully textured, hazy, glowing not-quite-ambient noise drone of absolutely cinematic scope. (Oh yeah, it's a movie too... Hah)

This comes highly recommended to anyone who digs... Well, the style of music I just described... Which should be most of us, considering this is a Sonic Youth board.

BUT, when I went in to buy this, the owner of the record store where I work on a freelance basis (which I have been too busy to do in a while), forced a handful of CD promos into my hands, and asked me to take them and get back to him about what I thought he should/shouldn't order.

So I've got new albums by Doldrums, Mountain Goats, Perfuse 73, Weed, Soft Moon, etc. Far too many for me to actually remember. I've got some serious listening to do it seems.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|