View Single Post
Old 10.13.2014, 11:34 AM   #1260
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I actually use my Spotify account more at the record store than I do anywhere else. I peruse new releases and used bins (which, in many cases, actually contain more current/new artists than older ones) and when I run into something that looks appealing-- either because of the cover art, the label, the producer, the guest appearances or whatever-- all I have to do is pull out my iPhone and more often than not the entire discography of the artist in question is at my fingertips.

However, I get pissed a lot at the interface because there are so many missing pieces, especially for international artists or more "obscure" ones. I find that often recent releases are simply not there.

For example: Purling Hiss? They don't have jack shit after 2011. Yet the band just came out with the best album of their career, Weirdon.

Anyway, back in 2011 I was absolutely determined to invest a paycheck... just one paycheck... at the time, maybe $1500... into Spotify. I just had a feeling about it. But the girlfriend didn't approve, so it didn't happen. But .... well, let's not talk about what-if's. Hah.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|