View Single Post
Old 04.14.2013, 06:46 AM   #7
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
that comp looks good, will have to check it out. what I liked about flying nun was that a lot of the bands on their roster could conjure up these beautifully poppy melodies and whatnot but they were tempered by how gloriously rough and psychedelic they were, and in that avoided succumbing to that decidedly twee sound which plagued so much british indie pop at the time.

completely forgot about pin group (never even realised they were on flying nun!) which is stupid as I'm a huge fan of roy's work. forgetting the rip and the stones too.... unforgivable.

I don't consider the dead c to be a flying nun band either, I just take whatever opportunity I can to bring them up because I love them so fucking much.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|