View Single Post
Old 08.09.2016, 01:08 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Well that's just ridiculous. What, like, you're DONE with Seer because you like To Be Kind more? Insanity.
insane or not its true. its not that i reject The Seer, its that i have no interest in it anymore. whenever i am about to dedicate an hour to Swans music To Be Kind gets my attention more.

Quote:

The Seer was the real epic gem of the bunch. Got folks who didn't listen to Swans to listen to Swans. It's perfect. To Be Kind is great, but how many times can you hear the words "Bring the sun!" before drone/chant turns into just not having anything else to say.
this is true. i never particularly liked older swans. i had of course checked it out. i just didn't dig much of it, not my kind of noise music. The Seer on the other hand, that was a beautiful record at the time. however i personally feel like it was a stepping stone to To Be Kind, and i now find TBK to be the superior listening experience, it just resonates with me more. and hey, i get it, i am the king of unpopular musical tastes even among fans of bands i like. i ALWAYS seem to like the records people like less, and i always seem to think less of the records that are people's hands down favorites. i mean, Sonic Nurse is my all time favorite Sonic Youth record, not anything from the 80s even if i fully understand that such an opinion is anathema to Sonic Youth fans.

Quote:
I remember hearing that in the store when it came out, with a bunch of Swans fans at my old vinyl m haunt, and after, y'know, like 15 minutes of the same three words, someone deadpanned, "I think he wants us to bring the sun," and we all laughed. Bunch of Swans fans, laughing at a Swans song, for being so ultimate-beast-mode-Swans that it lost all meaning. Great album, in general, but it's no Seer.

i know its no The Seer, that is because its better

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|