View Single Post
Old 10.29.2016, 02:00 PM   #1490
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
yes, we're a bunch of horny decadent protestants living in a digital rome, spending hundreds on skinny jeans and praying for daddy while the drones police the skies
okay but now speaking without irony i have a problem with racial generalizations

besides, it's not a skin color thing-- it's truly a class thing

the problem is class is somewhat racialized, so things get conflated

e.g, the "broke" friend i helped was a well-educated brown guy with a better/steadier income than me

problem is, everyone regardless of "races" is brainwashed to spend above their income level and gets clusterfucked in aspirational lifestyles-- one month without a paycheck and the house of cards collapses

the difference i suppose is that for brown people the indentured servitude of debt feels somewhat familiar, whereas for blancos it's a loss of status from the "good old days" of growing prosperity and having servants--hence the resentment

so schunk and tesla think that trump is going to make them rich again after the country is "cleaned up" of "bad hombres" who work at the restaurant kitchen. the meat guy at my local walmart is a mexican--i heard him speak mexican [okay a little irony there].

but tesla would never do that job, even at gunpoint. same thing as the brexit people complaining about polish workers-- they don't wanna do "undesirable" non-hipster jobs, but complain about the migrants who fill the vacancies.

it's not really "white" decadence--it's first-world decadence. it's still quite a feast though if you know where to get your scraps haaa haa haaa.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|