View Single Post
Old 12.30.2016, 12:32 PM   #20315
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Hah, I wrote up a reply thinking you were referring to Drive with the "American rag-rah" and Hollywood clichés comment. I was like, wow you must have watched it a LOT in 5 years if all you're seeing is clichés in that movie. Haha.

But then I realized you were taking about Die Hard and I totally get it. I haven't watched that movie in at least a decade. It's become too pasteurized by pop-culture references and *wink-wink* ironic "my favorite movie of all time" nonsense to have any enduring kick. I probably won't watch it again for another 10 years if ever, but I still think it's a classic.

Re: Alvin Lucier - Yep, I know the one. It's called "I Am Sitting in a Room" and I think it's an apt analogy for a movie like Die Hard. But not for Drive
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|