View Single Post
Old 12.12.2013, 10:27 AM   #851
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Thanks for the link.

The Paleo guy I was recommended was Robb Wolf. His advice on diet seemed reasonable enough but he does a podcast where, as you say, he ties the whole thing into a kind of anti-government stance. All very tea-party easque. It's funny how close a lot of American counterculturalists are ideologically to the political right.

well, i don't know how it works in inglaterra, but here in the u.s. big agribusiness is in bed with the government. government gives large unnecessary subsidies to corporate soybean and corn farmers who in turn give money to political campaigns. the government also buys their production and pumps them as school lunches and commodity foods for the poor. industrial meats are fed with soybeans and corn also. everything is corn.

food pyramids and prescriptions in turn tend to mirror agribusiness production-- grains & more grains. this food pyramid has only been changing in recent times, but basically the government prescription is high carbohydrate & low fat and protein for good health-- the opposite of paleo/primal where you're supposed to become a fat-burning furnace rather than a glucose machine.

try reading cordain if you can. his name is actually loren not lauren (i just got his newsletter the other day and realized). and mark's daily apple is a nice website. they don't agree on all points but who does anyway?

btw, as an inglés, you should be able to get some nice fucking mutton, no? i mean if you get a pastured (not fattened in a feedlot) lamb/mutton it's very high quality shit. pastured eggs, pastured pigs, pastured butter--all great stuff in the paleo pantry. oh and if you can get your hands on some herring, and other small fish, oh yum yum yum.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|