View Single Post
Old 12.28.2016, 01:50 PM   #3905
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Offset's performance on the song is goddamn great if you ask me.. "Raindrop, top top / Smokin' on cookie in the hotbox / Fuckin' on your bitch she a thot-thot / Cookin' up dope in the crockpot".

Then Quavo kept up with him and together they kept setting the bar higher and higher throughout the song. The hip hop head in me lives for moments like this, man.

It was a smart decision take Takeoff off the song (no pun intended heh). However Uzi isn't good enough of a rapper to live up to what they did either, and kind of ruined it, but at least he was funny and entertaining so whatever.

Sorry man I'm not judging you. It's not a bad song at all, and as I've said before I actually kinda dig some Lil Uzi. I just... I don't know... There's like zero emotional resonance to thisnkind of rap. I'm not against it — in fact I had really high hopes for Migos back when they first hit, just as I did for Thugger — but it's starting to feel almost entirely vacuous to me. Devoid of musical or lyrical depth.

Just going hard has never really been enough for me when it comes to hip-hop.

Like, when Commion's album dropped I wasn't that interested at first, but I gave it a shot (based on your recommendation actually) and bought it immediately. It's so full. And it's not just sonically engaging, it's lyrically and technically amazing. I think it's sad that it was so overlooked. All things considered I think Black America Again was the most underrated rap album of 2016.

Shrug. I'm trying to keep the faith bro, but I'm looking for more.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|