View Single Post
Old 06.28.2017, 11:06 AM   #326
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
my shopping list for today:

Defenders #2
Elektra #5
GI Joe: Real American Hero #241
Jean Grey #3
Secret Weapons #1
Supergirl: Being Super #4
TMNT #71

I'll prob also grab X-Men: Blue #4 as I'm still behind on this series.

That Elektra is the final issue of this series. Sadly, the same for Supergirl: Being Super which I absolutely adore.

I was reading the new IDW GI Joe sporadically, but kind of hated the art, and have now heard that it's ending soon. But at the same time I've been waiting for another good jump-on of the main series, and a new story arc starts w/ 241. Secret Weapons sounds intriguing.

I've read 3 issues of Secret Empire, including the Free Comic Book Day pre-zero issue, and I have to say, it's a pretty goddamn gripping story. It really is

Captain Anerica (who has always been one of my favorite Marvel characters, but especially since the first Civil War, when he lead the charge against Iron Man, whom I hate, and the registration act, that even a staunch leftist democratic like myself think is an example of extreme government overreach), has been built up into QUITE the fucking villain, let me tell you. Wow.

I know there's some weird parallel reality stuff coming, and that this will all eventually be set right and explained ... or maybe Cap will just be killed again... but from a story-telling perspective it's some top notch shit.

Some of the artwork is just phenomenal, really. I'm enjoying it.

Also, I STILL have no FUCKING idea how to just BUY COMICS on ComiXology for fuck's sake! I went around and around with the goddamn thing for an hour the other day, because I realized the iTunes/iBooks store doesn't have much in the way of new Marvel, and I was determined to figure it out. But no matter what, between the Amazon, Kindle and ComiXology apps, I was not able to fucking BUY A COMIC AND READ IT.

So I said fuck it and just downloaded the Marvel app, and now I'm golden.

NR, please, someday, tell me *what the fuck ComiXology fucking IS* because the nonsenseness of it all is REALLY pissing me off.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|