View Single Post
Old 02.10.2008, 09:15 AM   #28
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Okay, look, you're definitely going to have clarify here. To what are the bands/musicians supposed to be relevant? This board, current music, or the readership of Q magazine?

Sir Malcolm Arnold
Benjamin Britten
Sir Harrison Birtwistle
Sir Peter Maxwell Davies
Gerald Finzi
Aloys Fleischmann
Michael Nyman
Henry Purcell
George Lloyd
Thomas Tallis
Mark-Anthony Turnage
Ralph Vaughan Williams

I can't abide many of those, the British tend to make turgid composers, but they are certainly relevent to British classical music. Which is to say that we're shit at it and should stick to other things.

We're shit at reggae as well, with the exception of a few two-tone records and of course early UB40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|