View Single Post
Old 11.01.2007, 06:27 PM   #1036
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
the double life of veronique...
not sure how much i enjoyed it really, the styling and cinematography, although visually spectacular, felt really contrived at points. it was quite dissapointing as i loved the styling in the trilogy but here it was too abundant and made me feel like kieslowski was using it as a cop-out, styling the film for the sake of it to make up for the laziness of the plot. i really felt like i wanted a literal explanation about the two women, and i think that leaving the film with such ambiguity did not fit into the narrative style of the film as a whole. i felt like it was just awkward to not explain such things - sometimes having too many possible outcomes just reeks of clumbsiness.