View Single Post
Old 05.06.2006, 11:56 AM   #1
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
I was just looking at my musical library on ITunes and I realised there wasn't that many bands or musicians to which I was listening to with genuine interest. I mean SY obviously, maybe a little Radiohead from time to time, often Beck, a jazz album ( Encounter by Misja Michel, really good btw), Deerhoof, Led Zepp occasionaly, the Beatles not so much into it. Otherwise, most of the time i listen to classical music ( scarlatti, schubert, brahms, chopin, debussy to name a few).
But i'd like to ask any interesting music you know of :
i've already tried to get into
- nirvana : it's ok, not much musical diversity
- pavement : I tried a few titles from Slanted and enchanted didn't find them that good : I might have to listen to them again
- The Pixies : I have a 20 track compilation (death to the pixies) that I've been listening to for a year without being blown away at all by any of their songs, maybe due to the overuse of same old rock and roll tricks, kim deal's bass lines sounding the same all the time, Frank Black's inability to sing (or maybe he can he just doesn't want to). Again they're not bad but it lacks inspiration ( listen to ddn or sister and trompe le monde, trompe le monde sounds like an ok rocker that fades with time)
- My bloody valentine I tried loveless supposedly the best thing released in the 90's ( according to Pitchfork ) : i have to admit that I don't get the hype though I tried.
- Weezer : the blue album Sounds like Slipknot or one of them teen bands to me, again so disappointed.
- The arcade Fire : Good surprise very inspired, a lot of good songs on both their EP and LP, even though hipsters looking for indie cred don't like it.

So am I beyond redemption or is there interesting music ( new, old I don't care) that I should give a spin?
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|