View Single Post
Old 04.17.2006, 12:17 AM   #4
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
1. Have you, personally, been affected in any way (positively or negatively) by the presence of Mexican or Latino immigrants?

Edit (I originally said no, but then I remembered I have met some local Mexicans, I guess I don't really think of people based on race) Positive, a nice Mexican family operates (I don't know if they own) a Mexican restaurant near me called El Toro, there is also another nice Mexican restaurant named Rey Azteca. Every Mexican I have met has been very friendly, and the women are very pretty. I feel very comfortable at their restaurants. If I ever had a bad experience with a Mexican, I don't think it would phase me much, because I'm smart enough to know not to stereotype people based on my personal experiences.

2. Do you feel threatened in any way by the presence of immigrants? No

3. How many undocumented immigrants do you think are currently in the United States? I don't really care

4. Why do you think people cross the border? Because they are not satisfied with their life and want to change it.

5. There are a number of proposals for immigration reform being debated in Congress. How much of a priority is immigration reform to you? I'd greet the day at which we open our borders.

6. What kind of measures should be taken with those who are apprehended for being in the country illegally? Amnesty. American is a country based on immigration, we are all immigrants. Immigration has caused this country to boom. Let them all in.

(felony? jail term? deportation? amnesty?)

7. Do you think immigrants should have the opportunity to establish themselves as legal permanent residents? Under what conditions? yes, under any conditions

8. Although there is much debate, most people believe that something needs to be done to monitor immigration and maintain control of the border. What do you think should be done? What would be your solution?
Take the census more frequently, just to observe. I don't think control needs to be maintained over immigrants. Anti-immigration is a waste of federal money. The only thing the US needs to watch the borders for are drugs.

9. Do you believe that national identity cards are a good idea and might help solve the problems?

I think that is fucking fascist. The jews had to have cards that said they were jewish before they started wearing Star of Davids.

10. What responsibilities, if any, do you think immigrants have to the U.S.?
I don't think they have any responsibilities to the US. I don't think US citizens have any responsibilites to the US. You have a social responsibility to the people of the world, but not to a government.

11. Have you had any experience living in or visiting another culture? Have you had any experience in Mexico?

I've done some site seeing on the Yucatan and Cozumel. I wouldn't want to live there.

12. Have any of your family members emigrated from another country in recent generations?

Most recent would be during the mass immigration in the 1880's.

13. What kind of effect do you think immigrants have on the U.S.? Positive? Negative?

Positive. They are part of the backbone of America. During the industrial revolution, and now during the technical revolution.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|