Thread: Wolf Eyes
View Single Post
Old 05.03.2020, 08:31 AM   #57
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
How freaking cool, what else can you share about the cave?

Appreciate the links!

The caves are series of interconnected man-made caverns dating back to the 13th century and situated on the outskirts of southeast London, towards Kent. I moved near the caves last year.

Over the years they've been used as chalk and flint mines, the cultivation of mushrooms, an air raid shelter during the war and a music venue during the 60's - Bowie, Pink Floyd and Hendrix all played there.

The labyrinthine tunnels (apparently 22 miles in total!) genuinely give off an unnerving atmosphere, I can see how they would feed into Dilloway's horror aesthetic.

It would be good to know if the recordings were made in the caves (which I doubt) or if they were used as inspiration. I'll try and get more info.
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|