View Single Post
Old 09.04.2017, 02:49 PM   #4715
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
It's part of a trilogy and he's still writing the second one. I was pretty peeved to find that it's "expected" to come out in 2020 -_- He said he reckons he'll take that one from 1963-67

I've nearly finished this one now and honestly, it might as well be seen as the last word on the Beatles. No one is gonna top the amount of depth, research, myth destroying as has gone on in this book.

I've just got past Stuart Sutcliffe's death which was pretty heartbreaking. Paul just comes across as a total cunt over his treatment of Stuart.

Aw man I really want to read it now but just started two new books that I'm determined to finish. I'm more interested in the next phase, but I enjoy reading about the Beatles period.

Also, Paul was a major cunt a lot of the time, it seems. Don't you think? John gets the cunt treatment most, but Paul was not all sunshine and puppy songs. He was a bit of a precious little shit, and control freak.

Remember in the Anthology film? There's one scene where Paul and George are under a tree, and Paul is regaling the interviewer with some tales from this period or that, and kind of being passive aggressive, and George just sits there and quietly strums his guitar and doesn't say a Fucking word. Tension is palpable. Harrison had spent a lifetime putting up with the guy's shit, and was just not even Fucking around anymore. What an uncomfortable series that was. Haha.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|