View Single Post
Old 07.15.2015, 12:20 PM   #4043
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I think I know what you're getting at. But remember, it's a bit of an unfolding mystery. Like, all of it. Believe me, when she "shows", she fucking well shows. And I, being a fan of big picture theological science fiction writers like Gene Wolfe and William Gibson, LOVE that she leaves so much of the detail to the reader's imagination.

You'll see- the characters really come across about as well as one could possibly expect for a story of that length with so many important players involved. You get to know each character intimately. And secrets that are hinted at unfold at a sometimes glacial but ultimately highly rewarding pace.

When the big picture comes together, as it finally does, it's quite a story. And the good news is that the pieces come together in one novel, unlike Gene Wolfe who can stretch his grand mysteries into 12 novels spanning three series.
alright. i'll never read gene wolfe then.

i still think she could have cut what i ahve read so far by two thirds and have it read better, but i'm finishing the morning cup of tea and will have my way with the book immediately next.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|