View Single Post
Old 07.14.2015, 11:16 PM   #4041
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Oi Symbols, How goes the Sparrow?

i got really busy and have been traveling a bit lately looking for a new house-- funny thing about travel, i took the book and never had a chance to read it.

just got back home today though, with most problems fixed for a bit. should take a few days off to just relax and yes, read.

one thing i should tell you i noticed about her though-- writing workshops preach a lot of "show, don't tell" as the absolute rule of fiction. in her case, i love how she tells, but not too crazy about how she shows (a lot of unnecessary detail-- and yes, it paints a picture, but also distracts and wastes energy).

some people should break the prescriptions and just do what they do best. tell--and tell more.

anyway, tomorrow i'll pick up where i left off and without much to do i should be able to really get into it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|