View Single Post
Old 11.21.2014, 01:16 PM   #18280
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I hate the whole filmed theatre argument. Nichols was great at directing actors for the movies, which isn't the same as directing them for the stage. He had the intelligence to know how to use the medium to tell the story he wanted to tell, the way he felt it needed to be told, and had enough confidence in his vision and ability not to let the medium become an unnecessary distraction.

when i mentioned his death i was hoping we'd talk about the merits of mike nichols instead of engaging in a "nichols vs. kubrick" cock contest. of course i took the bait-- i always do. which caused me to be unfair to make a point.

"the graduate" was one of the best things i had ever seen when i saw it. in retrospect it seems a monument to boomer illusions, but i still think of it as a landmark film.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|