View Single Post
Old 08.29.2014, 07:03 PM   #964
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Pac was really into poetry. As such, he does a lot of cool stuff w/ Onomatopoeia, slant rhymes, enjambment... it's just a lot of it is lost on most people because they're paying more attention to the lyrics.

"Picture perfect, I paint a perfect picture" <--- he loved cramming in a bunch of the same consonant in a single line like that. Y'know?

or what about

"Don't trust my lady, cause she's a product of this poison
I'm hearin noises, think she fuckin all my boys, can't take no more
I'm fallin to the floor; beggin for the Lord to let me in
to Heaven's door -- shed so many tears"

^all in rapid delivery.

Is this what they teach in those non-science majors I've heard about?

Nah, I'm actually surprised. You're making me want to listen to 2pac, and I'm just not that big of a fan. Never been a hater, but I don't know where the few Pac albums I own are because I listen to them sooo infrequently.

Of course he blows many of his early-90s hip hop superstar brethren out of the fucking water when it comes to lyrics and flow, but as I said recently, the one album I really love through and through is The Don Killuminati. Hurt M-Badd's beats were so much more fitting for Pac's style than those handled by Dre.

Honestly I think it's the only 2pac album that feels like the work of a genius. If not for that record, Specifically "Hail Mary," I don't think I'd have much to say about Pac.

Then again if not for In Utero I don't think I'd still be on Kurt's dick 20 years later. *shrug*
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|