View Single Post
Old 01.08.2016, 08:37 PM   #48
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
hey man, opinions are opinions. If you choose to align yourself with Kanye in any manner that is on you. Enjoy his tunes, praise him all you want.

I hate the dude's music. I HATE IT. It grates on my nerves just like a lot of different musicians. Both him and Jay-Z make what I feel are boring songs, boring beats, boring ass samples, boring ideas, boring everything. It is what it is.

I love plenty of stuff that many hate vehemently. it comes with the territory of musical fandom.

I have a deep emotional connection to Sonic Youth but I completely understand when others call it shit.

Well, I can't argue with that. If you don't like it you don't like it and that's cool. I don't think as an artist he's really comparable with Jay Z (who I love, and who's an excellent rapper, but very much "just a rapper" all the same), but I can't think of anyone better to compare him to, so whatevs.

And yes, I too can totally understand why nobody ever thanks me for putting Sonic Youth on. Well, my girlfriend loves them, but I mostly listen to them by myself. If someone told me they sucked I'd probably think they had very limited imaginations and very set ideas of what music "should" sound like. I'd pity them a bit, but I would understand.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|