View Single Post
Old 03.19.2016, 06:31 PM   #138
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
I first knew about LOW through a Spanish book about Nirvana, which mentioned the existence of a compilation called "Stuck On AM: Off the Record in Minneapolis", released in memory of Kristen Pfaff and including a LOW track as well as music by diverse artists from the area of Minneapolis, where she headed from. This was in my head when I accidentally came across a copy of "I Could Live in Hope".

I've been wanting to see LOW for a long time. Didn't have a chance when I was living in Nevada, and wouldn't mind to see them again at an outdoors festival, but it would be awesome to see them in a more intimate space and playing a longer set.

Thanks for your comment on my brother's pics. He's taken a few good ones over the years, and filmed some good stuff, too. I haven't watched the videos he recorded at Nrmal, but I hope they turned out well.

I enjoyed Nrmal a great deal. My only regret is that we missed out on (SIC), and I should have checked out Pierre Bastien as well, but I got to see the rest of the bands I wanted: LOW, A Place to Bury Strangers, Jenny Hval, Battles, Slowdive, and Acid Mothers Temple. I had a lot of fun seeing Gnučči, too (though my attitude always seems to be of apathy -I'll never dance).

Here's some more pics my brother took, I hope you like them:

Jenny Hval.

Battles.

Acid Mothers Temple.

Slowdive.

My recording of LOW will be up on archive.org in a few minutes.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|