View Single Post
Old 03.17.2008, 10:43 AM   #95
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
I listened to all of these over the weekend and was very pleasantly surprised to find that there is no filler in any of these. I listened to the GHQ first, in light of the negative review above, this is the first GHQ recording made in a 'real' studio and sounds brilliant and clear - if you like their output last year on the 3lobed and Not Not Fun discs you'll dig this. The Tom Carter disc is a long synth drone piece that sounds to like old Jessamine to these fried ears, a welcome choice. The Bark Haze set sputters and buzzes, a Thurston side project with the noisy guitar slathering I love so much. Jack Rose turns in a pair of nice jangly finger pickins then a final dense gnarly drone not unlike his contribution on By The Fruits.... The Vanishing Voice is some interesting out-there collage work with Heidi's vocal intoning...the Holwing Rain kicks ass, juicy fried psyche that worked for me...A++
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|