View Single Post
Old 08.12.2009, 11:53 PM   #7608
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
I finally saw the Watchmen movie on Comcast On Demand. I liked it; I'm not sure Zack Snyder's slo-mo-then-sped-up style worked for the action scenes, but it had some great cinematography that closely matched several panels in the book. Also, while the ending wasn't quite the same, it was in the same spirit of the original ending. Some of the original dialogue and sequences were moved around, but at least they were included and where they were placed fit the flow of the movie better. So, 8.5/10.

I also saw the teaser trailer for Tron Legacy. The original, as corny as it was, is a childhood fave of mine and I like how the setting is pretty close to the original even though it's been suitably updated. Daft Punk is reportedly doing the soundtrack as well, so this seems promising.

I also learned that the live-action adaptation of Neon Genesis Evangelion is very close to being greenlit, and Ridley Scott's doing an Alien prequel! Good things are on the horizon...