View Single Post
Old 07.09.2015, 09:35 AM   #39298
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Gimple
peoples self interest is not some magic supernatural fulcrum that orders reality around it. its actually produced by the necessity the system they live in produces in them.

your idea about what capitalism is and what an alternative is is not accurate.

people being selfish and greedy has nothing to do with why we have capitalism - that is in fact a capitalist myth

right-- that was the post-facto claim that brecht made for his play. that the system made altruism impossible. hence i recommended it-- i didn't say "go read ayn rand". but that's where we are. so we can't go around forcing altruism out of people who haven't chosen it for themselves. "i'm taking your wallet-- altruism, dude"

but it's not capitalism proper that creates that-- it's our desires that generate scarcity. we always want more than there is available. hence, "not enough to go around." ever. under any system. scarcity is the basic fact of economics.

capitalism is just a modern system to manage that scarcity. wanting more for less however is fucking ancient. it has always been.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|