View Single Post
Old 07.09.2015, 08:27 AM   #39288
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Gimple
i hate itunes, and any service that tries to profit from file sharing

winamp was the shit but sadly its gone now.

it disgusts me that people will pay for streaming and file sharing services.

we need free p2p and file sharing networks - theres a political urgency to this because capitalism will try and hoard and profit off data that should be free.

i don't understand this notion that ALL data should be free. theoretically, everything is data-- say, your kidneys, they're an information system, that doeans't mean anyone can harvest them.

but as for reproducible information being free-- removing the possibility of profit from intellectual property removes the incentive to create that information the first place.

if my job is to make up things that can be digitized but nobody wants to pay for them, must i be homeless and hungry?

i suppose in a more enlightened society such people would be taken care of by a disinterested populace, but such conditions do not exist.

otherwise wed be able to get the best shit from the creative commons. wikipedia is great, but it's more of an exception.

we all know what happens to any kind of commons-- people take take take but give very little. human nature is sad that way.

so i don't mind paying for streaming services that give me what i want. IP is an abstraction, but it's one that has served us well by creating incentives to production. i don't pay for file sharing secrecy--paying to steal is a bit too hypocritical.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|