View Single Post
Old 07.09.2015, 08:13 AM   #39285
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I'm not technologically adept, so I really don't get the itunes hate.

i know i'll sound like the 20h century dinosaur i am but for me winamp 2.8 or 2.9 was the apex of digital music playing (it really kicked the llama's ass-- ha ha ha). winamp just played what you fed it and left your files alone.

itunes is good at selling shit, but for my distaste, it shifts shit around, moves your files to wherever the hell it wants and hides them from you, adds up a very larded file structure and basically claims them for itself. i have never liked it. here is an example of people bitching about this particular feature:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5450218?tstart=0

i store my shit in a synology diskstation, not a mac, so itunes has a problem with that. the ds puts out an itunes stream thingy, which opens in a computer, but the iphone doesnt read it-- so i use the ds audio app for playback, which is total crap, but at least it's the crap you'd expect from as an afterthought from a chinese manufacturer of network storage.

as for spotifried, it has audio quality settings-- the defaults are indeed quite shitty, just change them to a higher bitrate and blam.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|