View Single Post
Old 09.02.2014, 10:48 PM   #162
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I have been listening to the Glitter & Doom live album a lot lately, and I'm reminded of how much I adore that crazy motherfucker.

I really respect him. He is a truly experimental artist, in every way. Ever since Swordfishtrombones he's been pushing the envelope and doing his own thing. I love artists who have a totally unique sound (hence my love of SY, who despite being as influential as a band can be, have never truly been successfully imitated. I guess that makes them inimitable, like Charles Dickens... Eh?); Tom Waits is similarly without peer. He will always rank among my top artists of all time. Also, he's just an awesome fucking dude.

Who better to play the Devil?
I agree fully. Of course he´s got influences from Beefheart, Harry Partch & Howlin Wolf, but he´s anyway make the mixture of his own. I really love Waits, Beefeheart, Nick Cave & Dr. John, hard to say which of them is best. Also have to mentioned Jon Spencer with this blues based, personal musicmaking mengroup.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|