View Single Post
Old 05.17.2012, 02:19 PM   #108
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
At first I thought I was downloading a lossy copy given the very small file-size, but now that I am trying to unzip the file I downloaded from 4shared, I'm guessing your upload got corrupted, SuchFriendsAreDangerous, since my 7zip cannot deal with it. How big is the folder on your hard drive where you have stored the audio files that you actually listen to?

Furthermore, I find erroneous your concept of "bootlegs" applied to live recordings like this specific one, and certainly see it as having a different impact on the band and the labels than the one you perceive. I taped Warpaint's performance in Mexico City last year, but I hope my eyes are damned if I am to be considered a "bootleger". If the circulation of a live recording of any given band's performance were to be considered an act of stealing from them and their label's pockets, then a radio session for KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic or a TV broadcast (for instance) would be just as detrimental as well. I understand that many times a bad capture can be unflattering and an unfair representation of the live performance and a good one has even the potential of becoming an official release. Both good reasons for getting a recording taken off a blog. Just an speculative thought, though. In this case, I don't know what's the deal behind Warpaint's management asking for that Spaceland recording to be removed, and I haven't come across their taping policy yet, but I do have the impression they actually are not strongly opposed to being documented, and I surely hope it works to their advantage in the sense that they end up selling more merch and records maybe as a tiny consequence of the free flow of information and diverse files. I am vehemently against piracy, though. Anyway, hopefully they'll be releasing new material soon...
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|