View Single Post
Old 08.04.2011, 01:56 PM   #1071
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
check out this goal by Fabain scored against Barc the other night:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/baqfV

Soccer has two major problems on why it won't become as big as it should in America:

Scoring is too hard for many Americans they need to be celebrating every other minute or they get bored. Look at Basketball they added the 3 point line, Baseball (AL version) they added the DH, and Football they made the passing game easier by protecting QBs, allowing OL to hold on every play and calling pass interference whenever they can. These days you see more holding called on running plays than passing.

Not enough breaks in Soccer so TV can sell commercial time, the guy watching at home can't get up and get a beer or go take a dump without missing any action. They can't have 55 thousand replays to make someone look like a superstar so they can sell his dam jersey.

If only Soccer could get rid of the divers, it would be the most perfect game on the planet. Scoring should be hard and at a premium. The flow of game should be constant. You should need more than 1 player handling the ball to score. It rocks my world that scoring is so hard yet the net is so huge.

wow, amazing video, thanks. re: popularity, i think it's a more basic problem though: the MLS doesn't have goals like this. this was chivas from guadalajara not chivas USA. if 'merica got to see this kind of shit every weekend, people would be glued to the tv in spite of the differences in scoring and format. a low-scoring game is only boring when the playing sucks and the goals aren't worth the wait.

the beer: everyone around the world drinks it watching sports, lack of commercials is not an obstacle. and in fútbol you get 15 minutes in between to make a sandwich. the commercial interruptions are one big reason i don't watch the nfl-- fucking annoying. drags on forever. the other reason is that every play gets recalled by 1,000 cameras watching so you never know what's going on until the almighty replay confirms it. it's like watching evidence being disputed in trial-- if my eyes can't more or less trust what's going on, there's no point in watching.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|