Thread: Christmas
View Single Post
Old 12.01.2007, 03:43 PM   #6
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
are these good presents in general?

Not really. If you know what a girl's favorite shop is, a gift certificate there is always nice, but don't just pick a shop for no reason. Body lotion and gift certificates to girly places are generally thoughtless presents.

I was once given the book Memoirs of a Geisha (step-family again) because the person knew I liked to read. And so picked a book out for me that I had no interest in reading. They made absolutely no effort to find out what books I would actually like to read.

Kind of like the time I received Forrest Gump as a gift. Just because I like movies. That was a terrible gift.

All I'm saying is, try to let go of that "Because you're a girl, I'm getting you this" notion if you are really wanting to get the person a good gift. Most of the gifts I receive at Christmas are those "Because I'm a girl" gifts that I never use.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|