View Single Post
Old 08.31.2008, 09:39 AM   #19
ennui61
empty page

ennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's asses
Hell I must've been near ripchord and cantankeroous too. I was the old bastard with his little boy (6'5") and his girlfriend (5'6") it was a great spot to see them from, close and you had room to move. But anyways.........
I though the 1st of the new songs was still in its earliest stage. Thurston said he had no words, would make them up as he went along. It seemed far to structed at this point and yea like a rock song. Kim's song seemed far more progressed.
The rest of the set was Battery Park a little expanded. Not complaining I loved the song choice. Burning Spear and Brother James were great.
Hell Sonic Youth is always a great show.
We got there late and missed Vivian Girls and New Times Vikings.I wanted to check them out but my son had to work. I think we walked in during Wolf Eyes. What is everyones opinion of them ? I knew going in that they were a noise band but ...........DAMN. 15 minutes of that drone would've been fine. I can always hang out in a boiler room and get same sensation. Maybe l'm just old, hell I am 48
ennui61 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|