Thread: Dropping out...
View Single Post
Old 01.03.2007, 05:49 PM   #21
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don't know what to say-- luxy had a similar problem w/ hating college.

This is all true. I felt almost exactly the same way. My biggest problem though was that I missed my family. So I transferred from Loyola University Chicago to a community college close to my hometown. This is probably the best thing that I could have done in that situation, and at first I had my reservations because I thought that maybe I just had to give things more time to work themselves out, but I think that for now I belong at home, not just because of school but because of a lot of crap that has happened within my family during the past few months. The worst was probably when two of my cousins (ages 6 and 2, and the older one has autism) were taken from my aunt and uncle because my uncle has been running a meth lab for a while now. My cousins are now in the custody of my other uncle and my grandma, who share a house. They live really close to me, so I see them a lot, and I love being with my cousins because before all of this, I rarely got the chance to see them. I don't know how long my grandma and my uncle will be able to take care of them, but my mom said that if the time ever comes when they can no longer take care of them, that my cousins could hopefully come live with us. And that more than anything is motivating me when it comes to doing well in school, and looking for jobs, and just not fucking up too badly in the near future. Because this whole situation with school and everything is so much greater than myself now, and I can't really be too self-centered anymore. My cousins are nice kids but they're messed up in certain ways because it's looking like my uncle (and occasionally my aunt) was probably abusive towards them. When my other uncle took the 6-year-old to get a haircut, the kid started shaking violently and then asked if my uncle was going to tie him up. So yeah, he's been mistreated, and probably just due to his autism, which isn't even that severe. I just want to make the rest of his childhood enjoyable for him, and have him around for as long as possible.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|