View Single Post
Old 03.11.2014, 10:52 PM   #59
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
I was about to start a thread on the NYCG&F vinyl but decided to search and see if there was a recent one. Glad I did!

I haven't heard this album on CD in quite a while (and I do recall it sounding pretty dynamic), but I'm listening to the vinyl right now. I just randomly went and laid down with my head between the speakers during the last minute and a half of "Free City Rhymes" and opening my eyes at the end felt like returning from another dimension. Totally mind-crushing, just beautiful depth of sound. Kim's bass notes on "side2side" practically sit on your shoulder. Thurston's bike horn on "Lightnin'"..eh, you get the idea!

My point is: find this album on vinyl. I may even prefer the altered track listing, though it's clear the CD is the intended order of the songs.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|