View Single Post
Old 03.04.2014, 08:49 AM   #17836
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
If you didn't like Chumlum I can't see you being into the films Jack Smith actually directed. They're variations on the same kind of thing..

really? i was looking forward to much more. the documentary about him made him look quite fascinating--him as a person. and i have a friend who is a huge fan of his movies. i'll have to try anyway because sometimes a small change makes all the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I don't think Anger ever worked with Mario Montez or anyone from the NY underground scene. I imagine he saw himself as 'above all that'. The West Coast scene seemed far less shambolic than the East Coast's. There's a certain professionalism to Anger and Deren's stuff - technically at least - that you won't really find in most of the stuff coming out of NY at that time.

a pity, cuz mario was better looking than anais nin, ha ha. and what you say about production values is very true, now that i think about it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|