View Single Post
Old 01.26.2013, 10:12 PM   #24
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I think A.I. is one of the worst movies i've ever seen. Who knows if it was Kubrick's fault or Spielberg's fault or Jude Law's fault or Haley Jole Osmont's fault. But it sucked.

Actually, it was Teddy's fault.

I think it's got a lot going on under the surface, and I appreciate any film that focuses on the construct of identity so intensely. From a psychological standpoint, I think it's a jewel. And creepy as all bloody hell.

The second half leaves me cold though. It should have ended with the helicopter crash and subsequent voice over. I'd say Spielberg's misconception of Kubrick's intentions is to blame. Spielberg was the wrong guy to take on the project. How different can two directors be? There's bound to be some missteps when a family friendly blockbuster giant takes on the final project of the king of the cinematic mindfuck.

Like Bono producing some long lost Sonic Youth LP.

By the way, Dr. Strangelove. Nothing compares. Clockwork and FMJ tie for second.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|