View Single Post
Old 09.21.2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i guess one thing is that it's only really thanks to the internet that i'm even aware of the baffling enormity of how much music there is out there.

i don't really have a distict answer to this (your thoughts, not what i just said), although it is something that i cast my mind over from time to time wondering if these days i give particular bits of music the time they deserve, and then thinking in light of the amount of music out there does each thing deserve any actual amount from the listener anyway.
i'm glad i grew up in the era of having to listen to the handful of records i owned, but also i'm glad i then gained access to the internet and was able to check out things i'd heard about but was not likely to blow money on ( particularly krautrock, japanese stuff, noise, metal, and minimalism) as the world of music you could hear about through reference but not have access to actually hear can be as baffling and trepidatious as hearing anything you want instantaneously.
so.... i guess the point is is that i don't approach particular bits of music as determindly as i once might have done, and i may tend to fall into the habit of listening to the types of things i already know i like (of which there seems to be a near infinite supply), but also being an enthusiast this doesn't satify my curiosity so i still find myself looking into corners that i'm not familiar with, or haven't paid attention to for a while. What I mean is that (for me0 before the internet, listening to new music could be a fairly self-conciously determined thing where as now maybe it is more intuitive as whatever peaks your curiosity can be heard immediately and if it leaves an impression you can come back to it just as easily.

In short: Apples and Oranges.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|