View Single Post
Old 10.22.2017, 01:27 PM   #21762
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty bunny
The last movie I watched was Hellraiser. Such an awesome movie, and it holds up so well (although I laugh at the scene after the house looks to burn down/implode- if you've seen it you know what I mean).
Still gives me chills, and I love the fantasy horror stuff.

Yeah. Some of the heavy-handed soap-opera-y moments kind of make me cringe, but it’s all framed in this dreamlike style that precipices a total nightmare, so I can handle it. Hellraiser has always been my favorite of the big “iconic bad-guy” horror flicks of the ‘80s... y’know, like Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc. I guess I might prefer Halloween, but I’m not sure. Oh, and, like, Puppetmaster and Child’s Play and so on.

Hellraiser II: Hellbound actually holds up pretty goddamn well too. They both just have obscenely low RT and Metacritic scores (why?), but Hellraiser II was the one I preferred last time I watched them both. Shit gets weird as fuck, and the hell is actualt a fairly convincing one.

Now, after that the Hellraiser movies entered into a never-ending war to put-shitty each other. I can’t even begin to tell you how much Hellraiser III fucked me up. It was SOO BAD. With grunge music! And then Hellraiser IV took us into deep space AND the 1700s for a shit salad that was EVEN WORSE.

But those first two movies will live in forever. Good fucking shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|