View Single Post
Old 07.09.2006, 03:15 PM   #20
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
I recently renewed my love affair with this album after getting my old vinyl copy out and playing it really loud... it has a very distinct atmosphere that reminds me of a bleak and autumnal landscape... I just love the way that it flows from one song to the next... my favourite moment is the intro to Ghost Bitch... especially those gorgeous guitar sweeps and swoons. Another highlight is Justice Is Might... oh and I Love Her All The Time... damn, the whole thing is close to perfection. Not only is it totally unique in Sonic Youth's body of work but also you would be hard pushed to to find an album by any other band that comes close or is even remotely similar.
I think that I love it more now than I did when it first came out.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|