Thread: REM
View Single Post
Old 07.20.2008, 06:13 AM   #26
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600

The One I Love (virtual no-show) and It's the End of the World As We Know it (And I Feel Fine) (again the band was a no-show) came out.
Orange Crush was released from Green. Per their new contract with WB, pressure began to be applied that they occupy their videos more. Pop Song '89, and Stand came along. By the time Losing My Religion became a critically-acclaimed smash hit video by Tarsem, they had really arrived.

It was a great sequence of singles from The One I Love up to Stand, that saw England's media doing all they could to boost the band via TV slots. Losing My Religion was, of course, their commercial breakthrough - and then there was Shiny Happy People, which became a bit of a perverse anthem for the nation's post Acid House comedown (along with the B52s Love Shack(!)) That was quickly forgotten about (fortunately) and, in the UK at least, it was the arrival of Everybody Hurts (with blanket airings of the video) that really solidified their place (at least in terms of singles - albums are more straightforward.)
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|