View Single Post
Old 05.26.2016, 10:05 AM   #2045
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Chance the Rapper played his "original" version of "Waves" from TLOP on Beats1, and shared a cut verse from "Famous" (FKA Nina Chop) as well...

Check it out at Noisey.

Personally, I get why 'Ye said thanks but no thanks to Chance's proposed structure for "Waves." The kid can sing pretty well in short bursts, but his voice sounds like shit in the version he played. I finally understand why Chris Brown's bitch ass was tapped for the song. Kanye's final cut could have used more... y'know... Kanye... but it's better than what Chance had in mind. (Sorry kid)

Now "Famous" is a different matter. That's probably my favorite TLOP track, but it is a little short for how brilliant it is. An extra verse from Chance would send it into the stratosphere. But I don't know if I'd vote in favor of plugging Chance's dope verse in before the "Bam Bam"/chorale sample loop.

At the very least, Kanye could have tagged the verse on as a coda to the song, like he did with "Frank's track" after "Wolves." Because Chance's verse is good as hell.

Also, apparently Kanye is STILL working on the closing movement in his College Dropout series. And it's still tentatively titled "Good Ass Job" (get it? Like... profession? Ahhh... clever, cuz we work after we go to graduate!!)

Sounds pretty fucking weird to me. Believe it when I see it and what not. But, hey, it's kinda news.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|