View Single Post
Old 09.30.2015, 06:50 PM   #73
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jframe
I'm the person who posted the original thread saying I didn't like a single song on DDN or Dirty.

When I get around to writing reviews for the SY albums I have heard so far, I'm going to post them so you all can see where I'm coming from (though many of you will obviously completely disagree; some people love raw onions, I can't stand them).

I'm going to start with Dirty. To be nice, I rounded up to 4 on a couple of these songs, so you could technically say I lied about not liking any of them.

I can eventually give a song-by-song review of Experimental, but to keep it long-but-not-way-too-long for now, I'll just say that my overall rating for it is 4.7. I will also admit that I give 2 of the songs a lowly 3 stars.

My system is 1-5:
5: top-notch
4: stands out as a great song
3: ok, possibly "good", but nothing to be really proud of
2: not-so-good but there's at least something good about it
1: nothing good about it
Total score is the average of the top 10.

Total score for Dirty: 2.8

1. 100% - 3
Starts out with a good punch but the chorus is too dull.

2. Swimsuit Issue - 1
Sounds like vomit.

3. Theresa's Sound-World - 3
Starts off really nice and builds to that amazing guitar thing. Needs to do something cool after that, but instead goes back to the beginning.

4. Drunken Butterfly - 2
Starts off okay, and that cool guitar part is fantastic. The "I love you" chorus sounds like constipation.

5. Shoot - 3
Starts off nice. Doesn't go anywhere.

6. Wish Fulfillment - 4
Starts off sleepily nice, like many of the previous songs. But finally gives us a great punch of a chorus.

7. Sugar Kane - 2
That guitar at the beginning is great--and that guitar after the beginning is great. The vocal parts are mediocre.

8. Orange Rolls - 2
Verse sounds like vomiting while constipated. The short, fast chorus has no punch. That one guitar thing is really cool, though.

9. Youth - 2
There's only one small part to this, which repeats a million times. The vocals are rather annoying, but I like the music throughout.

10. Nic Fit - 2
Not much to this, really not so bad for what it is. Good call on making it less than a minute. The lyrics are a bit lacking for my taste.

11. On the Strip - 2
Starts off okay but the chorus sucks.

12. Chapel Hill - 4
This starts off great. That music is where it's at. And the vocals are fine. Believe it or not, the chorus is fine, too.

13. JC - 2
It's okay, but it's the same thing over and over.

14. Purr - 3
I like the intro, and the scream. The song ain't bad. There's obviously punch in there, but it's not sung with enough emotion to really bring it out.

15. Creme - 1
Yawn. Boring, repetitive.
This review makes me want to kick something. Dirty is on my top5 and you shit on all the best songs on it

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|