Thread: religion
View Single Post
Old 08.01.2006, 08:20 AM   #82
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
The existance of God IS possible. But God's existance can never be proved. That's all I'm saying.

And so what if I follow some of the philosophical teachings of Christ? I follow the philosphical teachings of many people who were not all they said they were. I follow some of the teachings of the Buddha, Siddarthe Gotama, but I don't think he really sat under a Bodhi tree for twenty years andsurvived on a single grain of rice a day. Just because I don't beleive Jesus' divinity doesn'y make the bulk of philosphical teaching suspect or invalid. Like I said previously, he said some truthful thigs that are unrelated to religion and God. I'm just talking about loving yr naighbor, treating people with respect and dignity, charity, etc. Jesus, as I understand him, was a good man and a misrepresented character in history. We may never know if he truly was the son of God and existed innthe way the New Testament claims he did.

And although I may not believe in his divinity, I still believe he had a great role in human history. I see Jesus as a teacher and a philosopher and a humanitarian rather than a God whether he claimed to be Christ or not. That doesn't matter to me. It's his humanitarian messages that mean the most.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|