View Single Post
Old 03.12.2015, 02:30 PM   #1
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Or, as a friend put it, The Discogs/eBay Vinyl Flipfest:

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

Good stuff this year, but little new stuff this year. So, excluding straight reissues and numbers like the "Side By Side" series which also feature previously released stuff ("Dark Globe" performed by Syd Barrett/R.E.M., "Kingdom Come" by Tom Verlaine/David Bowie, etc.), my picks would be:

Kim's Caravan Courtney Barnett

Rough, Raw and Amazing: Live At Leicester De Montfort Hall 1972
— Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band (from John Peel's archive, 2LP credited to "Don Van Vliet and The Magic Band". An attempt to circumnavigate the Zappaverse?)

"Follow Your Money"/"Motion Pictures" — Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift

Jesus Christ — Alex Chilton

Better Not Sting The Bee — Kate Pierson

Versions Galore EP — The Pop Group ("12-inch of new material": different songs/takes to the new album? )

Planets Of Life Or Death: Amiens '73 — Sun Ra

Releases which marginally count according to the stated criteria
:

My Squelchy Life
— Brian Eno (one bonus track)

Live At Max's Kansas City (Volumes 1 & 2)
— Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers (both versions of "All By Myself" are included)

Primal Vinyl
— The Shoes (one previously unreleased live track)

Total exception #1:

Ork Complete Singles — Various Artists. Beautiful. It's gonna cost a fortune. And a kidney. Prepare to sell one of yours (a kidney, that is) on the black market.

Total exception #2:

The Old New Me/Times Like This — Slim Dunlap. These are Slim's only albums and nowadays they're both out of print, I believe. This is your chance to get 'em or get bitch-slapped by moi.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|