View Single Post
Old 01.10.2012, 03:00 AM   #276
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

Neon Genesis Evangelion

I think I need to rewatch NGE. I saw it when I was oh, 17/18-ish. And I thought it was just ok. Seemed like a show that wasn't very interested in narrative and more in being philosophical in an extremely circular fashion. I might be able to appreciate it more now that I'm a little older.

Just started this last week when my sister told me she just happened to have the whole series collecting dust in the corner of her room. I'm about seven episodes in. Really good so far. At first I thought it would be amazingly grim, though the thought of how employees at a funeral home cope with death in their own family member was really fascinating. It's still pretty grim, but the comedy really lets it up at times. It's kind of weird to see Michael C. Hall portray a gay man, particularly since his partner Keith reminds me so much of Doakes from Dexter. That's an odd match up. Either way, I think it's a pretty fascinating examination of death and nobility and other things. I think the Brenda character is absolutely useless though haha.

I don't think I've ever seen an HBO show I didn't like.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|