View Single Post
Old 06.29.2006, 12:27 AM   #203
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7467
I remember seeing that Metallica video (One, maybe?) with a film version of the book. After I learned more about Dalton Trumbo, I wanted to read it more. Still, though, I always wondered how you could make a book out of it.

Oh, and you're obviously a faster reader than I am. It's taken me three lengthy sittings so far.

I think the way it was written encouraged me to read it faster than I would normally. Usually I read very slowly, because I like to go back and revisit certain passages that stood out to me. And I like to get a feel for how each particular author writes, and what distinctive marks in their writing I can find. I don't do that on purpose, really, it's just something that happens when I get distracted from the story. That's why I get uncomfortable when people watch me read, because it looks like I'm staring at the same sentence for a longer time than it usually takes a person to finish one page. I just enjoy picking apart sentences and their construction. I also get a kick out of reading aloud to anyone who will listen, which probably dates back to elementary school and being ahead of the other kids in that area. When one of my brothers, who is 14, plays games on this computer, he lets me read to him out of this Film Encyclopedia that I have. It works out perfectly, because he hates being left alone, even when doing an activity meant for solitary enjoyment. Like, uh, Solitaire. And things.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|