View Single Post
Old 04.11.2007, 12:28 PM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
!@#$% yeah yeah bastard!

Greg Bear! I recommend the novels
BLOOD MUSIC (what is single celled organisms gained sentience? It takes it ALLLLL the way to it's logical conclusion! accelerated evolution. get this one FIRST!)
Forge of God (galactic conflict)
Moving Mars
Queen of Angels (deals with consciousness)
Darwin's Radio (accelerated evolution)

I ama huge fan of "hard" sci fi. I like it all but that is my fave.

I love Isaac Asimov's short stories. They are amazing. find a collection of them. all these books you can find at used bookstores CHEAP

I like crazy shit too, like Rudy Rucker
he wrote and writes cyberpunk tales with humor and hard science.
My faves are
Software
Wetware
Freeware
Realware
These are a series but each book is individual.

One of his best is not sci fi though. It is called AS ABOVE SO BELOW: a NOVEL OF PIETER BRUEGEL, which gives an account of the famous dutch painter's life and day to day living. very very very cool if you are interested in Bruegel, art, history, european stuff.