View Single Post
Old 12.28.2011, 09:28 PM   #226
Jeremy
100%

Jeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's assesJeremy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
UHHH... OK, this can't be right - I searched the board for the key words "helium" and "skeleton" and the only result I got was some "random mp3 survey" thread from 2006 in which the words I was searching for had nothing to do with Helium, the band, and their song "Skeleton". Are you telling me that never in the history of Sonic Youth Gossip has it been discussed that "Sunday"'s main riff comes from that tune?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtwJ4j-W-z0

That is a bit surprising. Also the Helium song "Baby Vampire Made Me" sounds a lot like "The Hexx" by Pavement.... But then again the Helium song came first.

Speaking of Pavement, a band Urusei Yatsura hardcore ripped them off at times. "Strategic Helmets" by them is a practically "Two States" and another one called "Kozee Heart" is such a ripoff of "Frontwards" that they even mention its a ripoff of Pavement at the start of the song.

~Jeremy~

Jeremy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|