Thread: Sport
View Single Post
Old 10.06.2009, 01:50 PM   #29
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
sports and being in a band are the same thing.

both require teamwork, and both require leadership of some sort.
both require practice, with multiple repetitions until it is all second nature.
both require creativity, in sports to defeat the opponent and in music to create something new and different
both require dedication. you cannot half ass sports participation, nor can you half ass being in a band, as anyone who has had to kick out losers from their bands would agree.
Both are performed in front of spectators.
both are entertainment
both are highly competetive. teams play against other teams, and bands face off against other bands in the eternal battle for gigs.

even the fans of these two supposedly disparate engagements are similar. both bands and sports teams/players have fanatic followers, many of who travel to see them do their thing.
both sets of fans spend much of the performance/game drinking heavily
both sets of fans have a cliquu attitude, sports for one's team and music for one's chosen genre. Like, I hate them emo fucks.

to simplify sports and athletic competition as mindless and brutal is equally mindless and brutal. brutally simplistic that is.

I love sports. I love music. however, due to the immense clique mentality, it is hard to find sports fans that love music as much as I do, or music fans that love sports as much as I do. Luckily my brother and I were raised up without such stupid prejudices.

the Olympics rule all.

Go Brazil.